Welcome ❤


Wednesday 5 July 2017

Rhubard Crumble on the BBQ

Last week I spent 10 days at the cottage and found myself with an overabundance of ripe Rhubarb. The lusciousness of the red and green colors and the sour taste and smell got me thinking... Rhubarb Crumble. I popped over to the local store and picked up a basket of strawberries and went to working chopping and slicing until everything was ready.


Strawberries, sugar and flour.


Add in the star of the show... the Ruhbarb.


This mixture overfilled my little BBQ safe aluminum 9x9 pan. I actually doubled up the pan for added strength and to catch any luscious, sweet drips.


Baked at 375° for about 45 minutes. The smell of the Crumble cooking made my mouth water and I was so happy it was going to be okay. Cooking on the BBQ, you just never know.


So that day I skipped dinner and had Crumble and Vanilla Ice Cream instead. A concession I was happy to make. The Crumble was so delicious... sweet & sour.

I found the recipe online and will make it again for sure.

You should give it a go one day, and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment