Welcome ❤


Tuesday 6 June 2017

My new favourite crochet stitch

It's been a couple of weeks since my last post as I have been away. Enjoying the cottage and getting plenty done.
I'm working on the Marinke Slump tribute blankets. One, while at home and one, while at the cottage. I am only 3 weeks in to this project and have come across my new favourite stitch! I thought I had seen them all but this one... oh I love it. It's easy and works up fast! I did 4-7" blocks in about 3 hours. I will be blocking these and taking pictures later this week.



This is a very dense stitch and it uses more yarn that expected but I think it will be a nice heavy blanket stitch and will be using it this fall, for sure! I picture lots of lovely colorful strips, greens and purples of varying values. Green is a personal fav. I can't help myself... anything green.


I will lean towards the darker shades of each color and getting excited just imaging the happy rows of my two fav colors interchanged within one blanket.

I began work on Week 3 while at the cottage and after 4, yes 4 attempts and rip-outs I have figured out what I was doing wrong.

Here is what the block should look like. It's a really nice block, if done right. Haha!
Oh my, mine was widening on the left. Only the left. Strangest thing but I figured it out. I was working the WS into the first chain and not skipping as I should. I mis-read the instructions and thought that's what I was supposed to do... I should have known better.

So Thursday evening I will have time to tackle this again and hopefully I will get it right. Wish me luck.

Time at the cottage is a nice break from city life and the busy streets, the noise and just the overall stress of everyday life. We become more relaxed and take things slower. Even the dog changes his schedule to suit. It's such a nice, quiet time.

I don't have an oven in the cottage, by choice, so I have become very creative with cooking on the BBQ. Below is a photo of our new and most delicious pizza to date.


Caramelized onions and BBQ chicken on homemade crust. So many sweet onions. Baked on pizza stone in BBQ for 20 minutes. Thermostat reads about 325° but I wonder how accurate that is.

Here is what was left... yum!



So that's all for today. Have a lovely week and I will be back with photos of the tribute blankets next week.

~ Arlene














No comments:

Post a Comment